I am really enjoying your responses to yesterday’s post regarding a SlimKicker challenge you could see yourself participating in. Remember, each challenge comment on that post earns you an entry for an awesome giveaway. SlimKicker is giving one of my lucky readers a 7-Quart Oval Manual, Stainless Steel Slow Cooker. Read yesterday’s post to learn about SlimKicker and to find out how to enter. There’s still time! Giveaway closes on Monday, May 28th at 11:59. Here is, once again, a look at the prize:
In other news, do you ever get the late-night munchies? I certainly do. Healthy options can be hard to think of when you want something quick and simple. When I get the munchies, I tend to want something crunchy to snack on. I usually gravitate toward plain popcorn, sprinkled with cinnamon or the kettle corn variety. (I have quite the sweet tooth!)
Last night, the munchies hit me, big time. I looked in my pantry, hoping to find some popcorn. But the only kind I was the butter flavor (and I don’t know how that ended up there because I don’t like the butter and salt flavor.) So, I decided I’d make up a batch of Kale Chips. My recipe is extremely easy, only 2 ingredients, and NO salt or oil.
“Cheesey” Kale Chips
(No cheese is actually used, only nutritional yeast that gives a great cheese flavor. Perfect for vegans, vegetarians or flexitarians, like myself.)
- 1 small bunch Kale (I had about 3 loose cups worth)
- 2 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast (I use Bragg)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.Tear kale into bite sized pieces, wash, shake dry and place in a bowl.
4. Place in oven and bake 4-5 minutes, turn over and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and Enjoy!
- Make sure you dry your Kale really well after washing. Leaving too much moisture may result in a chewy kale chip, which I don’t enjoy.
- Keep an eye on your Kale as it is cooking. Oven temperatures do vary and kale can quickly burn if kept in the oven too long.
- I enjoy these right out of the oven, still warm. But you can also enjoy these for a couple of days by putting them in an air tight container.
Again, don’t forget to enter to win SlimKicker’s giveaway! Wishing you all the best! katie
QUESTIONS OF THE DAY:
What’s your favorite healthy late night snack?
Have you entered to win SlimKicker’s Giveaway? Find out more by reading yesterday’s post.